Backup/ Auxiliary Lighting Wiring & Switch Kit / SKP-5051
Ever tried backing up in a dark parking lot or hitching up your trailer at night? Factory reverse lamps simply don’t
provide enough light when function or safety is in mind. The Starkey reverse light wiring kit includes all parts
necessary to wire your Truck or SUV for auxiliary lighting. Never hitch up your trailer or boat in the dark again!
This product is great if you purchased a set of reverse lamps and just need a wiring harness and switch to finish
the installation. Our wiring harness utilizes Deutsch DT Series 2-pin connectors. If you need connector pigtails for
any other connection type, see Starkey part number 5006. If you are looking for a complete reverse lighting kit,
see Starkey part number 5201.
- The Factory-Style switch insures you have full control over your auxiliary lighting system. The system can
be activated with the switch anytime, even if the vehicle is off.
- Makes hitching up your trailer at night easy, and increases visibility for vehicles equipped with a backup
- Auxiliary lighting assists the driver at night by illuminating the rear of the vehicle while in the reverse gear.
- Helps your vehicle get noticed when backing out of parking spaces, onto busy streets, and other high traffic areas.
- The wiring harness will automatically trigger the auxiliary reverse lights when the system is activated with
the included passenger compartment switch. Optionally, you can also easily configure the lights to turn on
when the vehicle is placed in the reverse gear.
- Installation requires no cutting of factory wires! In addition, the harness draws power directly from the
battery to insure that no strain is placed on the factory electrical system. This independent operation
insures that the lights will function with the cabin switch even if the vehicle is off.
- A factory-style switch and all necessary wiring are included, simply add your choice of lights. Our wiring
harness is designed to connect to Deutsch DT Series 2-way connectors. Pigtail connectors are available if
needed (See Starkey SKU# 5006). Complete kit with lights also available – See Starkey SKU# 5201.
- Carling Technologies - Lighted factory-style switch (Lit with Red LED’s)
- High quality wiring harness with relay and fuses
- All necessary mounting hardware
- 5 Year Limited Warranty
- Universal - Fits all Trucks & SUV’s. Note: Harness may need to be extended for trucks over 23 feet in
length bumper to bumper. If you are unsure of vehicle fitment, feel free to contact us.
|Shipping Weight||3 lbs|
|Shipping Dimensions||12 × 12 × 3 in|
- Installation difficulty = Moderate – Requires use of rotary tool to cut out hole for switch. May also require
drilling of 11/16” hole in firewall (varies by vehicle).
- Installation time = Typically 1-2 hours.
- Tools required = flat head screw driver, adjustable wrench (or socket set), pliers. Rotary tool (such as a
Dremel®) to cut rectangular hole for switch mounting. May require drilling with 11/16” bit.
- Weight: 3 lbs
- 12V System
- Max Continuous Amp Draw: 15
- Max vehicle length bumper to bumper: 23 feet